- He eats about every 3 hours. And therefore gained his birth weight before one week old. He is a little over 7lbs. now...he's getting so big.
- He is a champion pee-er and poop-er. TMI, but it's true, like it's his job. He doesn't usually pee when we change him, he's too busy screaming at us. He does not like getting his diaper changed.
- He loves baths with his dad. He relaxes and floats around with James holding onto him. He loves the water on his face.
- He takes a binky, but he prefers his hands. He's getting good at putting them in his mouth, but I don't think he'll be a finger sucker for real. He just likes to find them and suck on them for a few seconds at a time.
- He sleeps a lot. He sleeps anywhere: at night in his cradle next to our bed, in the swing, in his car seat, in our arms and his favorite on our chests (which is our favorite too). Most of the time it is hard to wake him up to eat so we change his diaper to get him mad at us. That works sometimes.
- He is pretty congested right now, especially at night. He seems uncomfortable, I hate it. I don't like my little guy being sad. It makes me sad.
- Xander pretty much has a sweet life, even if he doesn't know it yet (although I think he knows). We love him SO much and feel so blessed to have him in our family. I am so glad he came early so we can have extra time with him.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
2.5 weeks old
Our little X-man...he is doing great. We all are wonderful, we are pretty adjusted to our new life together. Sleeping has never been one of my talents so luckily I can survive on little. James and I share nighttime feeding in order for us each to get 4-5 hours in a row (I have such an amazing partner, but I'll share more about Xander's daddy another time). Here are some fun facts about our little 2 wk. old: